2013 MATCH RESULTS
|Bury St. Edmunds
Venues may be changed by mutual agreement.
Results to be reported by email or phone to the League Manager as soon as possible after each match.
Guideline dates for completing rounds:
The Home team should arrange the match.
Hunstanton: Terrey Sparks
Norwich: Betty King
Bury: Jan Oldfield
Sudbury: Geoffrey Willcocks
Ipswich: Martin French
||Club A - Club B score
Club A at Home
||Club B - Club A score
Club B Away
The matches shaded yellow are played at home for the team in the left-hand column.
So to read the table easily, (1) find the club in the left-hand column (in bold),
(2) read across to find its scores against each opponent as the first figure given;
(3) read across to find its Home games in yellow and its
Away games in white.
If the number of wins is tied then the winner is determined by the who-beat-whom rule,
then by the number of games won.
Previous GC league winners - all years
GOLF CROQUET HANDICAP PLAY LEAGUE RULES – 2013
- All games shall be handicap and played under The Laws of Golf Croquet (3rd Edition March 2008).
(The trial wrong ball law will NOT be used in the GC Handicap League).
- Each team shall consist of four players, not necessarily the same players each match.
- Substitutes in matches shall be allowed by prior agreement between the Team Captains.
- No player may play for more than one team in a season.
- The start time of the match to be agreed by both team captains.
- The match shall consist of 16 single games and 2 double games. Each Team member will play 4 single games and
1 doubles game. Match total 18 points. (Match results to be scored 2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw).
- For those Clubs with two teams in the same region, the matches between those teams must be played as the
first fixture otherwise the result of that game will be void.
- 13 point handicap games will be played with a 45 minute time limit. If a game is drawn when time is called
the players must play one more hoop to determine the winner. Bisques may not be used for this extra hoop.
- In the result of a tie, then the winner of the Area Group is determined by the Who beat Whom rule; then, if
still undecided, by the difference in number of games won, and then by hoop difference.
- Each player shall have a handicap within the range 0 - 10. The total aggregate of the team must not be lower
- Handicap Cards must be submitted to each Team Captain prior to the start of play. All handicap cards are to
be up to date and verified correct by either the Club handicapper or Official C.A. Handicapper. (If no handicap
card is produced or it is incorrectly completed then that player shall be required to play off a 6 handicap for
- Those players who have had a recent handicap reduction within the last 10 days prior to the match shall be
permitted to play off their new handicap, even if this reduces the total team aggregate to below that of 20.
- Any number or size of lawns may be used.
- Results are to be notified by each Team Captain to the League Organiser as soon as possible after the match.
- All matches not played by the cut-off date of 1st September 2013 shall be declared void and no points
- If a team cancels a match unilaterally less than 5 clear days before a scheduled match that team forfeits
its points and the non-offending team shall be awarded the match and 2 points.
- In the event of a dispute the League Manager's decision shall be final.
Semi-Finals & Final Rounds
- To arrive at the overall league winner Semi-Finals and a Final Round will be arranged by the League Manager
at a neutral venue and date to be agreed.
- If a Semi-Final or Final match is drawn at the end of all games, 3 extra hoops shall be played to determine
the overall winner (i.e. best of three). Captains will decide who plays (any two players per team as a doubles
pair, unless both captains agree to play singles instead). No bisques may be used. Once selected the players
toss to decide who goes first. Start play from corner 1 and play to and through hoop 3 followed by hoops 4 and
tel: 07825 241712