2014 MATCH RESULTS
Winner: Maldon Pavilion
Venues may be changed by mutual agreement. The Home team should arrange the match.
Results to be reported preferably by text message to the League Manager immediately after each match,
otherwise by email or phone within 24 hours.
Guideline dates for completing rounds:
||Club A - Club B score
Club A at Home
||Club B - Club A score
Club B Away
The matches shaded yellow are played at home for the team in the left-hand column.
So to read the table easily, (1) find the club in the left-hand column (in bold),
(2) read across to find its scores against each opponent as the first figure given;
(3) read across to find its Home games in yellow and its
Away games in white.
2 points for a match win, 1 for a draw. If the overall number of points is tied then
the winner is determined by who-beat-whom, then by the game difference, then
by net hoops, then by other means determined by the Manager.
GC League entry form ( 36 kb)
GC League score-sheet ( 32 kb)
GC Level Play League
Previous GC Handicap league winners - all years
Previous GC Level Play league winners - all years
Golf Croquet Handicap League Rules – 2014
- All games shall be handicap and played under the current CA-approved Laws of Golf Croquet (NB: new 4th Edition, March 2014).
- Each team shall consist of four players, not necessarily the same players each match. The players shall be listed in handicap INDEX order, and doubles pairings must be declared prior to start of play.
- Substitutes in matches shall be allowed by prior agreement between the Team Captains.
- Each player shall have a handicap within the range -2 to 12 (effective handicap in the range -6 to 12) and shall play off their current EFFECTIVE handicap on the day of the match.
- No player may play for more than one team in a season.
- The start time of the match to be agreed by both team captains.
- The match shall consist of 16 single games and 2 double games. Each Team member will play 4 single games and 1 doubles game. Match total 18 games. The doubles pairs containing the player with the highest handicap index on either side shall play each other. (A team scores 2 points for a match win and 1 point for a draw).
- For those Clubs with two teams in the same region, the matches between those teams must be played as the first fixture otherwise the result of that game will be void.
- 13 point handicap games will be played with a 60 minute time limit, excluding stoppages - all games to start at the same time, with secondary colours starting from corner 2. If a game is drawn when time is called the players must play one more hoop to determine the winner. Bisques may not be used for this extra hoop.
- In the case of a tie on points, then the winner of the Area Group is determined by the number of points against those tied; then if still undecided by the game difference in all matches, then by net hoops in all matches, then by other means determined by the Manager.
- Handicap Cards must be submitted to each Team Captain prior to the start of play. All handicap cards are to be up to date and verified correct by either the Club handicapper or Official C.A. Handicapper. If a player forgets their card they can verbally declare their handicap but must provide a copy of the card to the League Manager within 24 hours of the match. If a player’s handicap turns out to be lower than that declared on the day then all games won by that player shall be forfeit.
- Any number or size of lawns may be used. Adjust the format accordingly. Spread the play if the quality of lawns varies.
- Results are to be notified by the home Team Captain to the League Manager within 48 hours after the match, and a copy of the score-sheet must be submitted to the League Manager within 5 days.
- All matches not played by the cut-off date of 20th August 2014 shall be declared void and no points awarded unless agreed by the League Manager (conditions may apply).
- If a team cancels a match unilaterally less than 5 clear days before a scheduled match that team forfeits its points and the non-offending team shall be awarded the match and 2 points.
- In the event of a dispute the League Manager's decision shall be final.